Serving Western Washington and the Greater Puget Sound Area since 1964

Our History

historyWatson Asphalt Paving Company’s history begins in the 1940’s when Ross Watson founded the firm in Ballard, Washington, by grading and paving small commercial and residential projects in the greater Seattle area. Watson Asphalt over the 1950’s and early 1960’s earned a reputation for doing quality workhistory2 throughout the greater Seattle area and the in communities east of Lake Washington. In 1964 when Ross decided to retire from the paving business he sold the company assets to his neighbors across the street, the Schroeder family, and the company was incorporated in August of that year.

Watson Asphalt Paving Company, Inc. remains family owned, and has been operated by three generations of the Schroeder family. The company has grown significantly over the years from the two small dump trucks, a driveway grader, a ½ ton pickup, and two small rollers purchased from Ross in 1964. Currently the company has a fleet of heavy duty trucks, paving machines, rollers, graders, loaders, a sand and gravel operation, and produces asphalt mix at two company owned asphalt production plants. While the company’s operations have dramatically expanded over the years the Schroeder family takes great pride in continuing the company history of providing quality paving services throughout the northwest. The quality service can best be summed up by noting that Watson Asphalt Paving Company is large enough to meet the needs of its customers and yet small enough to have an owner on the jobsite or on the phone every business day.


2017 © Watson Asphalt Paving Company Inc.